There are a few things you should do to feel better, including:
- Detoxification and withdrawal:
Alcoholism may begin with a detoxification program, which generally takes between two and seven days, and you may need to take sedative medications to prevent vibration, confusion, hallucinations, or other withdrawal symptoms.
- Psychotherapy or counseling, or taking medications to treat depression, anxiety, or other conditions associated with alcoholism if you have one.
- If you have a serious problem with drinking alcohol, you may need to stay in an addiction treatment hospital. Many treatment programs include individual or group therapy, and participation in alcohol addiction support groups.
- Lifestyle and home remedies
Coping with alcohol or alcoholism requires you to change your habits and make different lifestyle choices, including:
For example, good sleep, regular physical activity, and good eating can all make it easier for you to recover from alcoholism.
- Do things that don’t involve dealing with alcohol
You may find that many of your activities involve drinking alcohol, and it is recommended that you replace these activities with hobbies or non-alcohol-based entertainment.
Many alternative medicine methods may be beneficial, in addition to the treatment plan, when recovering from alcoholism, such as
The combination of yoga postures and breathing control exercises can help you relax and overcome stress.